*Biggest tip- employers are not necessarily looking for skills, they are looking for a great attitude!
- Re-read your start sheet and be prepared with everything you need to get started – including safety equipment!
- Be there early on your first day! Do a drive-by before your start date so you know exactly where you need to go and which door to use!
- Show up every day, on time, and ready to work – and don’t use your cell phone! Have backup plans for transportation and child care.
- Give plenty of notice if you do need to take any time off of work for appointments – no last-minute call-offs.
- Help out where you are needed, even if it’s “not your job” – be a team player.
- Work hard to get along with your co-workers – no drama!
- Call Advance if you are having any issues – most issues can be worked out, you just need to communicate with your Advance rep.
- Be open to learning and improving – take direction from your supervisors, know that you have a lot to learn.
- Think long-term – work to get hired in to earn raises and promotions, benefits, vacation time.
- Be flexible! Sometimes overtime is necessary and you’ll thank yourself on payday!
Want to be an Advance All Star? Find exciting new opportunities from The Advance Group today!